All about this master
ISLI - Global Supply Chain Management
KEDGE Business School
ISLI - Global Supply Chain Management
The Master of Science (MSc) Global Supply Chain Management programme prepares students to meet the challenges of a new era in business management. Successful managers are those who take a holistic approach to analysing performance, and know how to build a supply chain architecture for global business networks.
Curriculum (courses, subject modules)
MANAGERIAL AND TECHNICAL BASICS: Master the tools required for strategic management and Global Supply Chain analysis
- Analytical Tools
- Financial Management
- Supply Chain Relationship
- Supply Chain Leadership
- Research Methods
GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT FUNDAMENTALS: Learn Global Supply Chain Management Techniques and place them in a corporate context through case studies
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Supply Chain Production
- Supply Chain Transport
- Supply Chain Distribution
GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN APPROACHES & METHODOLOGIES: Understand Global Supply Chain Management processes, their design and methods for analysis and implementation
- Designing Robust Supply Chain Network
- Lean Supply Chain Management
- UML Method
- Audit SCOR Model
- SCM impact on Finance and Benchmark
- Cash Management
MANAGING INTERNATIONAL GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN: Use the analysis of organisational strategy, customer expectations and country-specific constraints to understand how Global Supply Chains are designed and implemented
- International Economics Environment
- Legal Issues of SCM
- Design International Supply Chain & Distribution Strategy
- Risk Supply Chain Management
- Decision Making
- Intercultural Management
- Change Management
- Sustainable Supply Chain Design
In-company consultancy project: October to March
INTERNATIONAL INTERNSHIP: To apply Global Supply Chain approaches that they have learned during a six month long assignment within a multinational company
GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN THESIS: To define theoretical models on a Global Supply Chain topic and apply them to a company
Required diploma(s) :
Tuition & Fees
Between 19900 and 28800 Euros
Short Track (4 years + of higher education):
- Level of studies: M1 completed, or an International Bachelor's degree (Bac+4), or an equivalent of 240 ECTS credits,
- English level: TOEIC (785)/ TOEFL IBT 79/ IELTS (6)/Cambridge First (B2) /Cambridge Advanced (C1) - exemption for native English speakers or candidates who have had more than one year's work experience in an English-speaking country.
Long Track (3 years + of higher education):
- Level of studies: 3 years of higher education attested by a diploma or an equivalent of 180 ECTS credits,
- Level of English: Language score is optional to enter the Long Track, but compulsory to enter the specialisation year of the MSc.
Applications on our application website join.kedge.edu for the Condensed Track run from 1 October 2022 to 31 March 2023.
Validation of Personal and Professional Experience (VAPP)
You would like to resume your studies by integrating our MSc, Master of Science even though you do not have the diplomas normally required to access it? The Validation of Personal and Professional Experience (VAPP) allows people who does not have the required qualifications or diplomas to access the different levels of higher education. Find out more about the conditions required.
Employment opportunities & career impact
Average time for obtaining the first job offer : 100 % of students are recruited within 6 months
Employment opportunities :
Thanks to their global perspective of the business, supply chain managers are in a position to manage an international company and define its strategy. Their emphasis on flexibility provides a better response to customer demands, which are now an integral part of the global thinking process surrounding supply chain strategy.
Global supply chain manager / Supply chain director / Supply chain manager/engineer / Supply chain consultant / Customer service manager / Distribution logistics/SCM Manager / Production logistics/SCM Manager / Purchasing logistics/SCM Manager
Accenture, Airbus, Amazon, Auchan, Cap Gemini, Carrefour, Cartier, Chanel, Coca Cola, Danone, Dassault, Decathlon, Delphi, Faurecia, GSK, Heineken, Henkel, Kuehne+Nagel, Huawei, Lego, Legrand, L’Oréal, LVMH, Michelin, Nestlé, Orange, Pepsico, Plastic Omnium, Procter & Gamble, PSA Peugeot-Citröen, PWC, Renault, Rexel, Sanofi, Schlumberger, Sephora, Unilever
HEC MONTREAL Canada, IMD LAUSANNE Sweden, INSTITUTO DE EMPRESA Spain, MELBOURNE UNIVERSITY Australia, MIT United States, NORWEGIAN SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT Norway, UNIVERSIDADE DE LISBOA Portugal, UNIVERSITY OF WESTMINTER Great Britain
Program enrolment information and statistics
|Minimum age||23 years|
|Average age||27 years|
|Maximum age||35 years|
- To the one-year MSc : 4-years Bachelor degree or Master degree or 3-years Bachlor degree + 3 years of working experience
- To the 2-years MSc : 3-years Bachelor degree
For those who are applying to the 2-years MSc, the first year will be devoted to General Management. The specialisation is limited to the second year.
KEDGE Business School's faculty is made up of almost 183 full-time lecturers and several hundred professional and academic speakers who teach at our French and international campuses.
The full-time faculty is comprised of lecturers-researchers, 90% of whom hold a PhD. 44% are international professors from over 30 different countries.
Due to the dynamics of the merger process, globalisation and the growth Kedge Business School is experiencing, it now boasts a substantial and incredibly diverse faculty, a strong asset in the face of new challenges in the fields of research and education.
KEDGE is one of the European leaders in academic research on management, with a very ambitious research output.
FIRST FRENCH MANAGEMENT RESEARCH SCHOOL
KEDGE produces the equivalent of one article in a top-ranking journal every day.
In the 2017 ranking of best schools for research in management performed by L'Etudiant, the leading French magazine covering student orientation, KEDGE Business School came out on top in France with a total of 103 articles across all categories published by its faculty in 2015.
This exceptional performance is the result of its excellence strategy applied since the School's creation in 2013.
With three Centres of Excellence: Marketing, Supply Chain and CSR, and five Centres of Expertise: Wine & Spirits, Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Health Management, Finance Reconsidered and Creative Industries & Culture, the School affirms its academic expertise on several key issues in management sciences.
Campus facilities & Student Life
The campus in Bordeaux was designed taking into account the changing habits and preferences of today's students, and how those changes affect their living spaces.
The school is located on the Talence campus 35 minutes away from the city centre by tram, 25 minutes away by car and around 30 minutes by bicycle.
Spread over 35,000m2, the campus is designed to provide the most innovative facilities to meet students and collaborators' needs.
- La Ruche Library: Spread over 2000m2, the Ruche Library is a haven of knowledge. It offers a true cultural space where students and employees can borrow books, comics, DVDs or board games. You can work between classes alone or in a group. For more privacy, you can book a room through the virtual campus.
- Various catering areas to suit everyone's needs. For lunch on the go or to grab a cup of coffee, you have the K'omptoir with its Starbucks Corner offering a wide range of coffees and snacks. For a leisurely lunch you have the self-service cafeteria which serves healthy set menus. For those bringing their own lunches, there are microwaves at your disposal. From time to time, there are also food trucks serving many different food options within the patio area.
- Co-working areas ideal for group sessions fully equipped with the latest technologies.
- The CA'Store, KEDGE's official association shop which can be found within the entrance hall.
- The main hallway, the heart of the school where different events are hosted such as the Career Fairs (where you will meet with businesses and recruiters in the hope of finding a work placement or internship), the Association Fairs where each association has a stand to present what they are all about and the place where you will be welcome for your oral exams.
- The beehive patio looked after by the association Kedge'bees providing the honey for the school.
- The Career Centre to help with work placements or internships.
- The Ber'kail, the student haven where you can eat, chill and listen to music. You can also play video games, table football, have a drink on the terrace, meet up for a burger or a coffee. The association Ber'kail organises various events such as the 'beer and chill' barbecues, the WEXs (Extreme Weekend) in collaboration with the Adrenaline association to mark the start of the year and the Grand Banquet, a chill out weekend to end the year in style.
- Sports facilities managed by the Sports Society, the Arts Society and sports' coaches.
All students, whether following an undergraduate or postgraduate degree, can benefit from the sports facilities. It is managed by a team of qualified sports professionals always on hand to help and advise. On the Bordeaux campus, you can find:
- A weight-training and cardio room supervised by qualified sports coaches
- A studio facility with organised weekly classes including danse, yoga, fitness, self-defence or meditation
- A gymnasium / hall for the practice of hand-ball, basketball, futsal (indoor football), badminton, volley-ball, ping-pong
- A multi-sports ground with a pitch for the practice of football or to play tennis
- Other facilities:
- 49 lecture rooms, language labs, computer rooms, 20 auditoriums with a capacity of 60 to 500 seats for teaching, seminars or meetings.
- A trading room animated by professors and by the finance transaction association.
- The Business Nursery and the Business Accelerator, both dedicated to the entrepreneurship development.
Choose a Master, an MS or an MBA in Supply Chain and Logistics
The Sector of Supply Chain and Logistics
The current global and competitive economic environment requires enterprises and organizations to become more efficient, faster and more productive. Logistics and the supply chain is in charge of the flow of goods and information from the supplier to the final customer. They are decisive for achieving a greater degree of efficiency and immediacy in the provision of a service or in making a product competitive on the market.
Companies need in their areas of operations multifaceted professionals, who are skilled whith the most advanced management techniques, who are able to control the information technology systems and who know how to detect new business niches, and even open new markets if necessary.
Follow a Masters/MS/MBA in Supply Chain and Logistics
The Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management & Logistics brings the theoretical-practical knowledge to professionals who perform their functions in different types of companies that have the management of the supply chain and in logistics. They gain the abilities to improve the value added and reduce the critical processes, so that they can design, implement and maintain a strategic vision of the global supply chain.
Nowadays, the logistics and supply chain of a company necessarily implies global organizations, so with the mastery in logistics we pay special attention to the way to manage change and adaptation to technological advances and to the possibilities and needs of relationship and operation in a broader international context. This master will equip participants with skills to lead the transformation of traditional business models, generating new markets, understanding their new requirements, managing information in real time and promoting collaborations and alliances for the adoption of solutions that drive the growth of the company.
To Work in Supply Chain and Logistics
When you work in Supply Chain and Logistics you will provide a comprehensive view on the management of supply chain business processes, you will manage the area of operations and logistics of a company, you will optimize the management of the area by applying information technologies that allow an efficient response to current needs. Some of the professional profiles for which the students after graduating are: director of operations, director of logistics, director of the distribution, director of import/export, chief of procurement, , logistics and operations consultant and head of stock control…
Supply Chain and Logistics in 2019
The supply chains of a company face constant challenges, both inside and outside the company, such as: globalization, constant technology innovation, changes in demands, trust in suppliers and high competition. For every corporation is necessary to invest in their logistics team as it has become a key sector in the business activity. In recent years, job offers in the logistics sector have increased, so much so that, according to the logistics thermometer of the ICIL Foundation, more than 57% of the companies in this sector expect to increase the workforce. In this way the area of logistics becomes one of the markets with the highest demand for employment after the economic crisis.
Additional information / brochure
Video interview with the program director
Request info / Application
|School / Program||Informations|